Monday, August 13, 2007

Small Inspirations

I chose the title for this blog from the words of a song that I love, called Add To The Beauty by Sara Groves.

We come with beautiful secrets * We come with purposes written on our hearts, written on our souls * We come to every new morning * With possibilities only we can hold * Redemption comes in small places, small spaces * Calling out the best of who we are * To tell a better story * It comes in small inspirations.


Lots more to that song and album -great album. It reminds me a lot of Sarah McLachlan so if you like Sarah McLachlan, you'll like Sara Groves. She is a mommy too and writes some great songs about family, kids and being a mom.

So, most of my inspirations are small ones. It's not like I have anything to say that might make the papers, but more like something happens in my life and I find inspiration. I meet a person who inspires me. Like my uncle's wife who can hang drywall and treats her own house for termites. Wow - I am inspired to do more myself before calling the repairman!
My son hits his head and gets stitches - I am inspired by God and how he heals us. More to come on that in my next post. I am inspired by the people who serve at my church! I heard somewhere that it takes close to 700 volunteers per weekend to make our church the great place that it is. WOW - now that's inspiring. I am inspired by people who go out of their way to make a difference in this world without some big political agenda like, Bono and film maker Richard Curtis. Or my friends from my hometown. So many are dedicated and talented teachers. One ADORES teaching 4th grade - wouldn't you love for her to teach your kid? One is a high school teacher who worked with senior girls to raise $16,000 for 10 different charities! Or the ones that just do little things to make it a happier place - letting someone in traffic or go first in a buffet line. Taking a meal to a sick friend or just calling to check up.

Small inspirations. Wasn't it Mother Theresa who said, " You can do no great things, just small things with great love." The small things matter! It's the spark that ignite the fire.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin