By request, I am planning to host the Souper Saturday Carnival each Saturday through the colder months.
I am not big on rules, but if you want to read more details go HERE.
Basically, link anything that says:
"Soups On! " in your house.
Easy would be good, too. ;)
This week, since we baked a huge turkey and we have so much left over, I am going with the turkey theme.
White Turkey Chili.
It is favorite and one of my MIL's favorites.
Here you go,
White Turkey Chili
- 2 Cups of turkey breast (you can use ground white turkey breast if you don't have any leftover - just cook it up with the next 3 ingredients and then add remaining ingredients)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 2 -4 oz cans of chopped green chilies
- 2 -15 oz cans of white cannellini beans(white kidney beans. great northern beans work, too) - drained and rinsed
- 1 -10 oz box of frozen white corn
- 2 -15 oz cans of reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves fresh chopped garlic or 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Chopped fresh Cilantro to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- White cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese to taste
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla chips
Heat turkey with onion and chilies in the olive oil until onion is turning clear.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to boil.
Reduce to simmer for at least 30 minutes. I let it simmer longer to infuse the flavors better - about 2 hours.
Add any of the above additions to jazz up the flavor. Especially the cilantro. Serve with the tortilla chips or over cooked rice even. Yum!