Thursday, November 6, 2008

Compassion Bloggers in the Dominican Republic



Are you following the Compassion Bloggers in the Dominican Republic right now? Are you aware of the bloggers in the Dominican Republic right now?

Compassion International has a team of bloggers there just like they did in Uganda last year.

Here is a list of bloggers (you know some of them!) and some of their most recent posts at the Trip Blog .

This story impacted me today: Read Melanie's story of meeting her sponsored child HERE on her blog Big Mama and HERE on Brian Seay's blog.

What a great reminder of how our letters to our Compassion children give them HOPE! That we can actually be a link to dreams of a better life just by our encouragement and love. We write our child often - we need to write him more. We rejoice to receive his pictures and drawings. He is growing up and I would not want to miss it! This link to his picture is old. The latest photo he sent has him in his new tennis shoes that he bought with the extra money we sent him for his birthday! He is smiling! Oh, the joy! I will post that later this week.

Have you ever thought of sponsoring a Compassion child? You could help fill not only a child, but that child's entire family with a ray of hope. You are God's answer to hope in this world. You, me - all of us.

I encourage you to go Compassion International to learn more about sponsoring a child. You will be so blessed - I promise you!

Do you have any questions about Compassion? I would be happy to answer what I can based on my personal experience with this amazing organization.



2 comments:

Ali said...

I've been reading about CI on Pioneer Woman's blog and I'm considering sponsoring a child. I think it would be a rewarding experience for my own children.

Abbie H. said...

Bless you for using your voice for the children and their families who live in poverty.

Will you join us? http://allinhisdesign.blogspot.com/search/label/Fast%20and%20Feast

Blog Widget by LinkWithin