Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Pot Pie with calories to spare!


I was just thinking about how much food I have consumed in the last day or so.

I was also just thinking about how a month on Weight Watchers would not hurt one little bit.
Then I clicked on A Box of Chocolates and saw this carnival that Mel is hosting.

So, I am joining in. (Although, I think it is a little more than 5 points. )

And giving you something to do with the turkey leftovers!



Turkey Pot Pie - maybe 6 points.

12 oz. cooked white meat turkey
16 oz frozen mixed veges: carrots, green beans, corn
10 3/4 oz canned cream of fat free cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 cup canned chicken broth
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
2 rolls of reduced fat crescent roll dough (okay, I know this is what the recipe calls for, but c'mon - I used more which raised the points a bit - and this is why I hate to diet)

Preheat oven to 375
Heat turkey with frozen veges, mushroom soup and broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot - about 4 minutes. Add thyme.

Spoon mixture into a deep 9 inch pie plate. Cute each crescent roll to form 2 triangles. Arrange triangles over the mixture and bake for about 5 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 325 and bake for 15 more minutes or until rolls are a deep golden brown. Cut into 4 pieces and serve.

Yield 1 3/4-2 cups per serving.

post signature

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I wish we had leftover turkey! Ryan fried two turkey breasts, and it was super good. But with 18 people, there was only enough left over for two sandwiches! :(

Stefani said...

Thanks for the great idea! I'll be making this either tonight or tomorrow. Definitely beats another turkey sandwich!
Unlike Kristin, we barely made a dent in our turkey and I'm looking for creative ways to finish it off. This will be perfect! (and hubby might actually eat some veggies!)

Mel @ A Box of Chocolates said...

Thanks so much for playing along. I am a huge pot pie fan and can't wait to try this.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin