Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ready, set, GO!



Well, it is that time of year again. Summer is over and all the normal activities have started. It is a time of firsts around here, too! L started preschool, B started her first year of cheerleading and they got to drive a boat for the first time.


We just returned from a week long vacation to see my best friend from home and her husband and new little guy. Well, he is 11 months, but it was the first time we got to see him and boy is he a cutie! He is just so smiley and has these big awesome green eyes! My kids loved him and talk about him daily. I actually got to go out with my friend a couple times sans husband and kids which was really fun! We also took a boat out a couple times. L would not go in it the first day, which was to be expected, I guess. His fear of water is sometimes more than what we realize since the pool incident this summer. He finally did go out a second time and we almost sank in the boat! Yes, you read that right - the pontoon boat we were on got a leak and the right side of the boat started to sink! Luckily, we were able to get to a dock and get everyone off before it sank too much! Very scary, but I don't think the kids really knew what was going on. We had a very experienced boat driver thank goodness.


They did get to each drive the boat which was fun for them. My friend's husband is really so good with little kids and he seemed to just love teaching my kids how to drive the boat -very sweet.
We also visited our hometown briefly to show the kids the house where HASH grew up and eat at our favorite pizza place, saw some historical sites. Also, spent some time seeing his grandparents. It was a nice visit although it was hard to see Grandpa so ill. He was alert enough to give L 5. He would just put his hand out and L would hit it and laugh. Actually, L ran right up to him and hugged him when we first got there. I think that must have been nice for him. I know Grandma got a kick out of it

We came home to get things moving right away. B was back to school the next day and L started preschool. He told me when I dropped him off last week that he did not want me to come in with him because "It's my school, mom." I told him I was coming in that first day and then he was on his own - not to worry. He had a great day and is excited to go back. My kids are always so independent. I love it really that they are so secure in the fact that I will come back to get them! They don't even know how much I am enjoying my time at Target without 2 kids asking me for the toy section every 5 minutes

Bennett started cheerleading for Upward Cheer. That is a great organization for sports and cheer. Good fun, good sportsmanship, not too competitive and they learn a bible verse weekly to boot. They also get awards for certain good qualities they show, like Most Spirited, Most Christ-like. It's cool and she loves it! She really has a personality to be a cheerleader. I just want to make sure it is in the right environment and they are not throwing her up in the air 20 feet. That scares me a little. Luckily, there are no stunts in this program. Just lots of yelling and cheering - good stuff to get out on the field and not home.





No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin