Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Up with the Sun

"Mom, Dad - get up and come see this! You have to see it! " It is about 7 am.

Us groaning from our cozy bed, "Whaaatttt is it?!?"

"It's the sunrise! It's amazing!"

Our house faces the sun rising each morning. Actually, we have this little catwalk in our house and you can stand there and look directly out a window on the second floor and across the horizon at the sun rising. Most mornings we are just too busy to notice this incredible blessing. She is tracked out of school right now, though and our mornings a little less hectic for now.

So, I got up with my sweet 7 year old daughter. I sat on the floor of the catwalk, wrapped her Hannah Montana blanket around us and watched the rest of that beautiful sunrise this morning. Shades of yellow and orange blending into the bright blue sky.

Sitting next to my daughter who is just so ALIVE, I could feel her warmth and smell her hair. It always smells like strawberries from her shampoo. I was overwhelmed with the feeling of Jesus sitting right there with us. His presence was undeniable.

I thanked God for that sunrise and for all the beauty of this morning. For my precious child that notices that sunrise and wanted to share it with someone. I thanked Him for how alive she is and asked Him to help me be more like her. Alive. Noticing the simple beauty around me.
To recognize His presence in these undeniable ways.

I thanked him for this house that we often think we don't love or want to change, that it has a special window just for viewing one of His greatest creations.

I thanked him for the gift of my child. Without her, I may not notice so many of these creations.


Psalm 90:14
14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin