Friday, March 7, 2008

Get your party on!

Well, this is my first Blog Party ever! I am very excited to check out other blogs and make some new bloggy friends. This blogging thing was originally something I started to just get some musings out of my mind and record my family and faith journeys. It has since become very addictive and fun. I have met so many new friends and look forward to it every day. It has become a hobby for sure.


I have been married to a supportive, hard working and funny husband for 11 years now. He keeps me laughing for sure which is a great thing in marriage. We have our own business which keeps him very busy, but it is fun and rewarding.




We have 2 children: a daughter, age 7, and a son who will turn 4 in less than a month.
She loves her dance classes and he wants to grow up to be a superhero. For real.



I volunteer a lot at my church and with my children's schools. I enjoy being at home with them, although, we are seldom at home. They have been sick this week and while I hate that, I have enjoyed actually being in my home!


I am originally from the Mid-West, lived in the big D for 6 years and have finally settled in North Carolina. We love it here and plan to never leave! We are 2 hours from the beach and 4 from the mountains - why would we?


I like to cook and I love to read. I love spending time with friends and family and enjoy listening to as much music as I can. I talk a bit about new music and the books that I am reading. I occasionally post new recipes that I think are yummy and easy.


I only blog here, but am hoping to expand that soon. Check out my sidebar to learn more about me, read some favorite posts and check out more blogging friends of mine.


I am participating in the giveaway for this party too! It is my first giveaway!!! I am giving away your choice of one of these necklaces. Please read the giveaway guidelines for this here.



My friend, Lisa, is an amazing jewelry designer and I wanted to show off her goods. I have the necklace with the cross on it and you cannot believe how many compliments I get on it. She is redesigning her website which will feature her new designs as well as these. Until then, you can contact her at lisa-presence@nc.rr.com




Myself, I would love to win #54,(love these dresses!) #94,(need a book light, so badly) #92 (love pearls!)


Any of these would be cool, too. #38, #87, #63, #58


Please leave me a comment so I can visit your blog, too!
I wish you were really here, I would make us a cup of coffee and serve up some
Girl Scout cookies so we could sit and have a good chat.









33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Fellow Blog Party Mom! Oh, I would have loved to join you for the red cups of coffee and those yummy Girl Scout Cookies. We just finished off our last box. Thank goodness.

The necklaces are beautiful. It's very nice to meet you.

Liza on Maui said...

Aloha! Glad to blog meet you on this party. I hope you win the Mikarose Gift Certifcate for the dresses :)

Julie Lybbert said...

Wow - those necklaces are beautiful. Nice to meet you!
Hope you have a great week partying!

Milk Mama said...

Beautiful family and I love your blog name, too!

Happy party going!

Sarah

Jean said...

I love starting from the bottom of the linky list and working my way up ( I know that was totally random). Thanks for the cookies, we haven't gotten any yet this year. I love the necklaces, their beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The coffee and cookies would be wonderful! The necklaces are beautiful - very creative!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane!

Nice to meet you! Thanks for popping over for W.W. It's good to get to know some other blogging moms. Now if we could only have real coffee!

You have a gorgeous family!

Anonymous said...

HI there! Glad to see a fellow blog party mama! What a beautiful family you have! I am new to blogging and this blog party world. But what fun! Stop by and say hi www.sweetpeacakesetc.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Really nice to meet you! Where in the midwest are you from? That's where I'm writing from right now :) One of my bff's is in NC, moved there from here. She, too, says she'll never leave which makes me sad but I'm so glad she is happy! Must be a really special place :) Have a fun party! :)

Tracy said...

Nice party! Love the Girl Scout Cookies! I have thin mints here!
Good to Meet ya! Tracy
http://aworkoftheheart.wordpress.com

Misty said...

your jewelry is so beautiful!!!!

gs cookies... you picked a sure hit there!:)

Jinxy and Me said...

p.s. I see you like the book light - - - that is the prize that I am giving away for the party!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your friend does lovely work!

I'm inviting you to party with me!

Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I...we blog about CHOCOLATE...me from Australia...and her from Michigan. Here's the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie...and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here's the link:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here's the link:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

Happy Partying!

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's my first blog party too. I would say blogging is my hobby and addiction also. You have a cute blog. It's nice to meet you!

danetteb said...

The necklaces are beautiful. Ihave a friend who makes earrings. It's an art :) It is nice to meet you. I'm new to the party too,

Hugs, Danette

Anonymous said...

Just stopping in to say hi and join your party. Nice to meet you and what a lovely family you have. Hope you have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Happy Party! I'm a technically a SAHM,too, but my kids and I are usually all over town. It was great to find your blog.

The Buntens said...

Oh, this party is so fun!!! I have never had this many comments! Thank you everyone for stopping by and I am trying to get by each of your blogs and spend some time. It has been very enjoyable!

The Buntens said...

OH, I am from Missouri originally. St Louis area, but spent many years in Jefferson City.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Necklaces!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Hi, thanks for those Girl Scout cookies--I'd resisted up till now:)
I enjoyed my visit here. Stop by my place if you get a chance!

Kwana said...

This is my first party too. I enjoyed your blog. Thanks!

Pam said...

Pretty necklaces. Thanks for joining in the fun.

So nice to meet you and your lovely family.

Darlene said...

I enjoy your blog. I like reading and cooking too. This is also my first blog party! I love Girl Scout Cookies. My daughter use to be a Girl Scout and oh the fun memories we have.

Check out my blog when you get the time!
Happy Blogging!!!

Anonymous said...

Great site! Those necklaces are beautiful!

Have a great week!

Jenn said...

I love your layout. Cute pics of your family too. Keep on blogging! This party is a great way to get to see other blogs. Thanks for the cookies.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful necklaces and a fun blog!

I'm still in the Midwest and would *love* to live 2 hours from the beach and 4 hours from the mountains. Instead, I'm landlocked and surrounded by flat terrain. Sigh.

And I love Girl Scout cookies of all kinds, though I'm particularly fond of Samoas. I'm very happy I stopped by.

Carey said...

its nice to meet you. You heart necklace is so pretty..it actually on my list of prizes I hope to win. Stop on by if you get a chance.

Maria said...

hola!!! cute family!! i like those necklaces!! nice! i hope you come and visit!! take care and GOD BLESS...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful necklaces! It's nice to meet you!

Yankee said...

Just stopping by from the Blog Party. Your site is great!

Homemom3 said...

Hi Party Mom, this sure is a blast. Oh and I'll take those thin mints. ;) Your necklaces are neat. Good luck in the contest!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be fun to visit with some yummy Thin Mints and sweet tea? Thanks for hosting a party! Would love either necklace! Come visit!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin