Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today happens to be one of the busiest days on my calendar. Sometimes, when I get busy, I get a yucky attitude.

I remember Oprah saying, some time ago, to write 10 things down a day that you are thankful for. I actually used to do that. I found it to be helpful in changing my attitude. It really is amazing how it changed my perspective on my life.

So, here are my 10 things for today!

I am thankful for my children and their busy schedules.


I am thankful my daughter is getting baptised this weekend.


I am thankful for my son who REALLY wants to be a Superhero when he grows up.


I am thankful my mom lives 5 minutes from me.


I am thankful for my hardworking and funny husband.


I am thankful for my friends: their love, their support and time spent with them.


I am thankful for my small groups: support, love, perspective, accountability


I am thankful for my church - it's just awesome!

I am thankful for my life!

I am thankful for my loving and merciful God.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil 4:6

Those are my 10! What are yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am thankful for more things than I can count.
That God led us to Canada.
Most of our family are here too.
Safe environment.
Health.
Our church and community.
Special friends.
Warm house.
Modern technology so we can keep in touch so easily.
That there are so many young people bringing up their children to know and love our Lord.
Will say a special prayer for a special little girl being baptised this weekend.

The Buntens said...

Oh hello, my Canadian friend! We miss you very much and are so happy to see you here on my blog!

Thank you for all the prayers - we feel them.

Safety. Something most of us take for granted. Thank you for the reminder that others are not so fortunate so that we can keep them in our prayers

Blog Widget by LinkWithin