Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Lesson My Mom Taught Me



Today I am participating in a Meme at the Internet Cafe. The question is this:

"What is the greatest lesson you learned from your mother or a mom like figure in your life?"

This is easy peasy for me. (spellcheck does not like that word, peasy, btw)

To persevere.

My mom has always had to work very hard. She was a single mom for a long time and never ever stopped working. She always made sure we had what we needed and often sacrificed much for herself. Even today she works 50 hours a week and is in her late 50's.

She has always just moved on. And some things were not easy for her to leave behind. She has always pulled herself up by her bootstraps. Given it a second try. Or a third. Or a 2oth! She taught me to always keep trying.

Never give up.

3 comments:

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

:O) Lovely thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog- love your dandelions too-
What a great mom! Happy Mother's day

Genny said...

Great post!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin