Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh, Sad Day

If you have been following my blog long, you know I lose things. Among other completely stupid things like leaving my van doors open, dropping my camera in water, etc.

Most of the time, I just embrace this part of my personality as quirky and scatter-brained. I can laugh it off.

Today - I am just mad mad mad at myself. Sad that my brain sometimes seems to not actually be in my head when I need it.

I lost my iPod. My brand new iPod Nano. The one with over 600 of my favorite songs downloaded.

The last time I saw it was on the plane coming back from Chicago. I stuck it in my purse because I wanted to talk to my friend. The only thing I can think of is that it fell out of my purse onto the floor of the plane.

Which if I didn't have my head so in the clouds, I might have checked around my seat to make sure I had everything. I didn't.

So, as I headed to workout this morning it was then I realized it was gone. I put in a report with lost in found at the airport. What do you think the chances are I will ever see it again?

Yeah, I guess I better put it on my Christmas list. I wonder when Hubby buys me things if he thinks, "Hmm, I better plan on buying this again in a couple months, because my ditzy wife will most likely lose or break this one."

5 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

Oh shoot, bummer!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, no Janel I am so sorry. I hate that you lost the Ipod but also the 600 songs that you download what a bummer. Hopefully hubby will get you another for Christmas.

Unknown said...

I;m sorry Janel. If it makes you feel better I have a tendency to loose jewelry...including my wedding ring (which in my defense, we think was stolen by some workers in our house!)

Anyway, I hope that the airlines calls you!

Ali said...

Oh no! That stinks! My husband is still using my old iPod shuffle that cost a hundred bucks when I bought it. I can't believe they are half the price and hold twice as much nowadays!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That really, really stinks! :( I'm sorry about that!

I lost my wedding ring earlier this year. We searched all over for it. I was heart broken. I can't even believe it, but my husband finally found it stuck in the couch (where we had looked and looked) about six weeks later.

I hope that it surprises you and shows up before you husband has a chance to buy you another one for Christmas.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin