Thursday, January 8, 2009

Typing In the Dark

I am in Washington DC with the family and yes, I am typing this post in complete darkness while the rest of the family sleeps. It is the only quiet moment I've had all day and I am relishing in it!


Hubby has a convention here for the next few days with his company and we are joining in on the fun. The hotel is amazing! I have stayed at a couple other Gaylord Hotels when I attended MOPS conventions. They are really like small towns. Hubby was even kidding about how we should put an offer on one of the houses that sits INSIDE the hotel. They are the gift shops.

Here are some shots of the cool dancing fountain inside the hotel also. The kids had a blast with this. Kids just love hotels, don't they. Who am I kidding? I love hotels like this, too. I worked in the hotel industry for a long time - it has a certain allure for me.



Anyway, we have lots planned for the next couple days. Tomorrow is a free day so we plan to visit some cool sites and play around. Then tomorrow night we have a 1920's theme party to attend. I have costumes for the entire family! Gangsters and Flappers. I will definitely post some photos.
I think someone is stirring. shhhh. Nite Nite.
post signature

1 comment:

audrey said...

My sister in law stayed at the gaylord in Nashville last week and I saw her pics. They were amazing! I love hotels too! Sounds like you guys are having a fun fun time! Can't wait to see pics from the party!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin