Monday, August 3, 2009

We Interrupt This Unscheduled Break

I really did not intend to take a break from blogging this weekend. I had the privilege of getting away for the weekend with Hubby on a retreat. I did take my computer.



Here.

Yeah, there was not much Internet service.

And frankly, it was not the connection I needed anyway.

You know, it's just hard to...

Unplug.
Unwind.
Turn it off.
Be Still.
Quiet.
Listening.
Waiting on my God.

It is for me, anyway. I know others don't have too tough of a time doing this. I just need to be moving to feel productive. When really this is the opposite of what I should do. Because my best efforts come from a place of rest. I am most productive after I take a break. Most of us are.

Anyway, Hubby and I went on the retreat this weekend with a group of small group leaders and coaches from my church. The retreat was at The Cove - Billy Graham Training Center. People that have been there told me that it's beautiful.

I guess it's just one of those places you have to experience for yourself because I don't think I believed them. It was beautiful. The facility, the scenery, the people that work there, the group of people I was with and the food. Good golly, the food was good.

We even had a scheduled Retreat of Silence.

Me. An extrovert. In silence. For about an hour and a half. I was not sure.

It was just what I needed.

We worshiped, prayed, shared and learned together and that was a special time. I am always amazed by others insight and devotion to using their gifts to serve God.

And guess what I did?

I...

Unplugged.
Unwound.
Turned it all off.
Was Still.
Was Quiet.
Listened.
Heard from my God.

I received just the connection I needed, thankyouverymuch.


post signature

2 comments:

Genny said...

That is SO great, Janel! It looks like a beautiful place.

Hope you are refreshed. It's always good to get away like that.

Such The Spot said...

Feels so good to do that every once in awhile. And with scenery like that? I don't blame you one bit!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin