Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Slick Pages, Endless Possibilities

I love the internet.
Obviously.
I think it's pretty safe to say if one has a blog that they have embraced the use of a computer.

But there is nothing like a brand new magazine.

Not an e-Mag but a real-life, hold-in-your-hands magazine.  

Opening the mailbox to see one in there makes my heart skip a beat.
A spring now in my step as I head to the house to read my new treasure.

Stuffed to the brim with slick, colorful pages that are full of promise.

Recipes yet to be cooked!
Ads of things that I will never buy!
An article written from someone's heart!
Crafts beckoning to be created!
Tips waiting to be used!

Sigh...

I received my Real Simple magazine today - Thanksgiving edition.

10 Fresh Ideas for My Leftover Turkey, How to Entertain for Less and new columns on organizing! The possibilities are endless really. 

Gloria Steinem said that most women's magazines just try to mold women into bigger and better consumers.   I guess I can see that.    I often see something in one and end up spending some money.    I still love them - they smell good. 

So, how about you? Do you have a favorite mag? 

post signature

4 comments:

jen@odbt said...

I used to get a ton of magazines but pared myself down to my two faves - InStyle and Real Simple (!). I love when they arrive b/c that means some sofa time.

Stefani said...

I have to admit, I also love a good magazine. In fact I just got my Nov issue of Good Housekeeping and lingered over it all day yesterday. I do occasionally buy Real Simple as well. (and the holiday ones are the best!) Maybe an issue of RS will jump into my cart at the grocery store tomorrow... :)

Kristin said...

I am a magazine junkie. I've even confessed this issue in my ladies small group! Southern Living, Cooking Light, Good Housekeeping, Romantic Homes, Southern Lady, Tea Time, First, Eating Well.... they're all good!

GladMom24 said...

favs:Real Simple (home ideas) Family Fun (kid ideas) Fitness (to inspire me) Journey (my monthly devotional)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin