Sunday, December 13, 2009

O Come, O Come Emmanuel

Our Church had an awesome Christmas production this  past weekend. They always just exceed my expectations.    Our drama director and team is amazing, our worship director, band and vocalists are just inspiring and we had dancers from THE Carolina Ballet perform in the show. I was moved to tears through much of the show, laughed out loud at other times and then just rejoiced with everyone else in celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Anyway, this was one of the songs they sang during the show and I love it so much.   It's been with me all weekend and thought I would share with you!   Merry Christmas!

It was actually hard for me to pick a favorite rendition of this song on YouTube.  If you have a minute after you listen to this, I also really enjoyed the versions by Enya, Sixpence None The Richer, Casting Crowns (instrumental) and Sufjan Stevens.  All just amazing!  This one by Selah was the closet to what it sounded like this weekend, though.  



post signature

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin