Saturday, April 9, 2011

Banana Pancakes

You don't need banana pancakes to make conversation with your kids but just in case...

Banana Pancakes

First of all, I like to keep things simple around here.  So, here is a simple homemade pancake recipe with ingredients you most likely have around your pantry. 

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 Cup All-Purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 Tablespoon Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil or melted butter
  • 1 cup milk or almond milk
  • 1 egg  
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 - 1 whole very ripe banana - smashed (depends on how much banana taste you want)

DIRECTIONS:

Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Mix together. Heat the griddle to medium heat. I use a little melted butter on the griddle - we believe in butter around here!   Cook.



For mine this morning, I got to use a fresh egg from my neighbor's chickens, whole milk,  melted butter and all-purpose flour.  My family likes the all-purpose flour better than the whole wheat flour in pancakes.  I personally like the whole wheat pastry flour - it has a better texture than regular whole wheat flour and it's healthier than all-purpose.   But anyway....

Also, if you want to be even more simple and use a pre-mixed pancake mix - just add a very ripe banana to the mix. My in-laws do this, so I cannot claim this bit of genius that pumps up a normal pancake. I just enjoy the fruits. :)


This morning we enjoyed them with fresh mango, strawberries and maple syrup.   YUMMY!!!

Here's a picture - my family also likes them on the thin side.  I think that way they think they are actually eating more of them!
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin