Friday, June 24, 2011

No More Ads, A Simple Blog

You may have noticed that there are no more ads on my blog.  It really was a long time coming.  When I blogged a lot, it seemed appropriate to have some type ads running - at least it justified some of the time I spent on this hobby.   But now, I just felt bad  having them on there when I so randomly post.

This blog used to be a place where not only I shared my life but I connected with the rest of the blog world.   Lately, it's just been somewhere to keep people who care updated and to occasionally post a thought or two.  I like having it for my kids.   The other day, we did a search on Bubby and looked at everything I have posted about him in the last 4 years.  He loved that.    Yes, August will be 4 years that I've had this blog!!! Unbelievable.   My biggest job right now with this blog is to somehow archive it.  Any ideas?

So, I'm not ready to give it up yet.  It's random but not closed.  :) 
post signature

2 comments:

Ali said...

I really want to find a way to preserve mine, too. We were looking through some old posts last night and there was one where Thomas (after all this time I'm finally using real names!) said, "I don't remember saying that!"

The hard part is going to be rifling through 4 years (August 25 is my blogiversary, wow!) worth of posts figuring out what to keep.

Unknown said...

I am glad you still pop on occasionally. FB is fine, but your writing was worth reading, and still can be:). Anyway, I know a couple of friends who did do the print out, book printing of their blog archives. I just pray blogger stays free and keeps my archives. I just celebrates 3 years, actually I didn't even recognize it, but it was 3 years the beginning of June.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin