Friday, November 9, 2007

7 for 5

This is a fun post I read on Musings of Housewife this morning. Here are 7 things you may not know about me. I always hate that icebreaker game where people ask you to tell an interesting fact about yourself because, well, I am really not that interesting. But these things will let you in on what goes on in my head a bit.

1. I wait until the last minute to do almost every important task or project. I guess I work better under pressure. However, I wish that I would prepare more, start earlier and be finished with these projects earlier. I recently took a personality test and this is considered normal for an Extraverted Sensing with Introverted Feeling (ESFP).

2. I am a low-maintenance friend. I have many great friends and I love spending time with them. But if you don't call me for a month or even a year and then suddenly call, we will talk like we talk every day. You never have to apologize to me for being too busy to call or email. I will understand. I can never have too many friends.

3. I love to read, but often don't finish non-fiction books. I always finish a fiction book unless it is really bad, but I have to force myself to read an entire non-fiction book unless it is REALLY good. I often have several books going at one time.

4. I like to have a clean house but it's messy a lot, because I am not home a lot and don't have time to pick it up. However, since it is clean, it only takes me a little while to shove everything in a closet before people come over giving them the illusion that it is always clean AND picked up.

5. I like antique glass objects. Bowls, vases, deviled egg trays. I have 3 deviled egg dishes because when I first moved to NC, I went to this ladies luncheon where this very proper and funny southern woman talked about "What it means to be Southern." She said all southern woman have a deviled egg tray. So, I have 3.

6. I grew up in the Midwest, but love living in the South. I hope I will never move from the South.

7. I was a table side chef at one time in my life. I can make Steak Diane, Shrimp Scampi, Caesar salad and warm Spinach salad in a matter of minutes while people are staring at me. I was doing this when I met my husband.

Okay, you are supposed to pick and tag 5 people to do this same thing but I like this way better - so if you are reading this and want to play, go for it and leave a comment so I can read your 7.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin