Monday, December 3, 2007

The concert

Well, I just don't know which to pick about my favorite part of this concert. Okay, first of all we had 7th row tickets on the floor! Our friends are huge Third Day fans, and they get tickets like the minute they go on sale. The last Third Day concert we went to with them, we were in row 5. They do cost a bit more, but it really is the best way to see a concert!

So, maybe it was just being able to see the emotion in their faces as they sang both traditional and new Christmas songs. Or when Jars of Clay performed Drummer Boy - I N C R E D I B L E! Yes, it was. Their new song Love Came Down at Christmas was awesome too and Peace is Here - oh, this was good too.

Then Third Day took the stage. Okay, these guys are just incredible performers. Mac Powell is so good at getting the audience on their feet and going. They played some old school Third Day, King of Glory and can I just tell you - it was quite a moment of worship for me. I was moved to tears to hear one of my all-time favorite songs live with thousands of other people.

Christmas Like a Child and Merry Christmas moved me to tears, too - both songs written by the band. Merry Christmas being about adoption.

Then they took the stage together and performed Silent Night! Then they each sang a song of the other bands which was totally cool. I love this - kind of Elton John/Billy Joel concertish.
Then they finished (rocked) with Joy to the World.

Okay, my throat hurts today from singing so loud. I have never enjoyed a Christmas concert so much. Let the Christmas season begin!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

How great that you were able to go and worship like that. It sounds like a great concert, especially to hear King of Glory- one of my favorites.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin