Friday, January 18, 2008

Well, I did it

You can see that I posted a submission for the P31 magazine contest. It really is not that I think this writing is so amazing or that it even has a shot of winning. There are over 100 entries so far and some really awesome posts in the contest. You should really take a few to jump over to Lysa's blog, check out the comments and some of these ladies stories.


But it was written from my heart and I guess, I thought to myself, "Why not?"


For most of my life I have been a follower. I have followed the crowd to many crazy and sometimes dark places. I followed my husband in a huge move to a large and strange city before we were married and called this brave. The truth of the matter is that I was in love and wanted to be close to him. I have said before I would move to the South Pole to be with him.


The best person I followed was a Christian, though. Someone who opened the door to the beautiful opportunity to know Jesus Christ. My life has not been the same since. I am a follower of a patient, loving and grace-giving God. Because of this, I suddenly have these spiritual gifts. One of them is leadership. Who me? Yes, me. Isn't it amazing what God can do with a person like me?


Having this gift of leadership is not always all it's cracked up to be. It requires fearlessness sometimes. It requires stepping out in faith all the time. It requires doing things that are out of your comfort zone.

Like submitting articles for possible rejection.

For me this was about being obedient to God. Who knows what he wants me to learn from the experience. Maybe I need to open myself up to some constructive criticism in my writing. Who really knows, but him? I never thought I would even entertain the thought of writing a blog. But here I am. Where will He take me next? I don't know, but as long as he is with me, let's go!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin