Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday - Backwards Edition

Okay, hop over to Rocks In My Dryer to read all kinds of cool comments about everything you never knew you wanted to know. I found the suggestions on blog traffic and blog income to be extremely helpful.

My question is this. After the holidays, so many people seem to be in a little funk. The excitement of Christmas is over, the diets are starting and expectations of the new year are high. I find people to be a little blue including myself. While I try to focus on the blessings in my life, I also find myself still feeling this little funk. What kinds of things do you do to chase away the Winter/After Holiday blahs?

7 comments:

Kristen M. said...

Spend some time outdoors, even if it is just taking a walk around the block. Fresh air, daylight and quiet time for myself helps keep away the winter blues.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

I have started some spring cleaning early and it has helped the blahs.

Miscellany Mom said...

I had to have myself a good cry, get a massage, talk about how I felt with hubby-bear, and hubby and I prayed together... I think this all really helped. I hope you won't feel blue long!

The Buntens said...

Thank you so much for leaving a commment and the great advice!!! It is pretty sunny in NC and I feel the need to get outside and connect with nature. I have also been cleaning and praying which are both big helpers! I also went to the gym which was a huge boost! It is so great to hear how others make themselves come out of a funk, though. I think we go through them more than we would like as moms.

Sarah said...

I think getting outside is really important. The short days and cold weather up here really get me down. Exercise is great for that..even if it's a run on the treadmill.

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Doing something for someone else really boosts my spirits. Something as small as a batch of cookies or as big as keeping their four kids while they tend to a family situation, which I'm doing even as I type! My kids are loving the company and I'm reading blogs like crazy! Definitely works for me!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the getting outside. Sunshine is good for you! We go for walks and on nicer days play outside. Also, here's a tip: clean your windows inside and out. You will be amazed at how much more light comes in!

My kids and I always start some little flower seeds growing inside in January and watching them grow always delights my little ones and lifts my spirits. By spring we have lovely flowers to put in pots outside.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin