Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dad gone crazy

First of all - THANK YOU BLOGGER FOR FIXING SPELL CHECK!!!!!!

Okay, back to our regular scheduled blog post...

We have some lovely visitors from Canada right now. They are actually originally from South Africa and were my husband's host family when he was in high school as an exchange student there. He formed a very close relationship with them and we have been able to keep in touch with them over the years.

It has been such a blessing to have them here. What a special couple. Fun, easy going and full of wonderful stories about life and most importantly my husband!

Yesterday, we were going through some old pictures of my husband from his trip. Most of them I have seen before and yes, some of them are of him and the girls that were also on this trip as exchange students. Most of the pictures in this box are wonderful shots of animals and awesome sights of South Africa. BUT, a couple were photos of this group of high schoolers gone crazy being away from parents in a foreign country.

And these were the first photos my 7 year old daughter grabbed.

"Mom, is this you in this picture with Dad?" No it is not.

"Mom, is this a swimsuit, Daddy is dancing in?" Hmmm. Not sure.

"Mom, Dad is the only boy in this picture with all these girls!" Yes, he is.

Okay, I guess I should have gone through the pictures first. So, I took these out and tried to brush it off while the rest of the group, including my in-laws laughed. Yes, very funny. I wonder if they would have thought it so funny if they knew 18 years ago what was going on!

So, she continues to look through the photos specifically looking for, not huge lions on the African plains, but inappropriate photos of her Dad. This is a good reminder to burn all photos of our incriminating youth!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah, spell check!

I think that's really funny. I remember seeing pictures of my parents doing questionable things, (I was older than 7)and I think it was a good thing. It gave them credibility and made them more real.

Praying4Action said...

Sarah...I 100% agree with what you say. That being said, I am now extremely curious to see some of these pix!
Russ

The Buntens said...

Russ!!! I am so happy that you left a comment. I think Keith told me this morning that he burned the photos! I would say he was a bit embarrassed to say the least. Oh, he would die if I showed those to anyone at church, but maybe I can find one or two. ;)

I always wonder how I will react to my kids when they start asking questions about my youth which was not pure in any sense of the word. I want to be honest with them but I have to admit, I don't quite know how I will do that. I do think the most important thing I can teach my children about my wild days is that I was a very lost individual and confused. I hope that by being honest with them, I can save them from some of that confusion.

Amy L Brooke said...

Too funny! Kids never hear what we want them to hear/see but see and hear all that we'd rather them not!

Blogger fixed spell check! Hooray! I hadn't realized it yet!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin