Saturday, February 2, 2008

Football and politics

Football and politics pretty much rank in the same order for me. Not the most interesting things to spend time thinking about. (this statement is not meant to offend, it is just my silly opinion) I do not really find myself in many conversations about them because I :

1. Don't really understand them.


2. Don't really care to understand them. (Well, I do care a little more about politics.)


3. Do not find them very much fun and it is all about the fun factor for me.

BUT, I do find Super Bowl Sunday FUN because we get to go to a party or invite people over for a party and then we get to socialize and eat. It is the best excuse to make those fattening dips you have been dying to try.

So, really I guess I do find football fun as long as it entails food and socializing.


The food part works out great. Who doesn't enjoy food while watching the big game?


The socializing, though. Not so much.
Who wants to listen to a bunch of chatterboxes when watching the big game?

We had friends over last night and it was nice to hang out. Who knew that 2 familys could go through that many tortilla chips!?!? I heard that on Super Bowl Sunday enough guacamole would be eaten that it could actually cover the entire football field. And so now you know.

I find it funny how the guys just watched the game and did not talk about ANYTHING else but the game. Meanwhile, the gals talked about everything from child rearing, homeschooling, God, television watching, cooking, etc. etc.

We tried to talk in the same room where the guys were watching the game, but the looks from our men told me that we needed to take our blabbing elsewhere. So, we ended up in the kitchen...by the food...talking the entire night while the only thing you heard from the guys is the occasional roar of frustration over a bad play or excitement when "their team" put some points on the scoreboard.

We joined them at the end of the game which ended up being quite exciting even if I do say so myself. Not being a football fan and all. I really didn't care who won except that my hubby had bet some big money on the game ($5) and I was trying to support him!

So here I am blogging about football and politics each within the span of a week. Stranger things have happened I guess.

How was your Super Bowl Sunday? Sad over the loss, happy at the big upset or did you even care? And who else found some of the commercials to be completely bizarre? (Except the Bud Light ones - those were just plain funny.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree, the best part thing about the Super Bowl is fettening dips and friends. I wouldn't acre if a nother game was never played....

Amy L Brooke said...

Just stopped by to say "Hi!" It sounds like you had a good time on Sunday.

I'm not into football, so I didn't even watch.

Have a good week.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin