Sunday, February 10, 2008

Refrigerator Art

Do you place your children's simple drawings on your fridge? It's funny. I will often display them for a couple days and then move them upstairs to our play room where I have a special place for art to be displayed. Sometimes, I hate to admit, I have to pitch some it. The really special stuff goes in a box in the attic. I have no idea what I will do with that box, but I just can't bring myself to let go of it right now.


We received this drawing from our Compassion child the other day. His name is Fabrizzo. He is 4 and lives in Peru. He is about the same age as my son. I did cry when I opened his recent letter to find this picture. I proudly display it on the fridge and find myself not able to let it go either.


My kids drew him some pictures and we wrote back. We have only sponsored him for a couple months so our communication is just beginning. I can't wait to watch this little boy grow. I can't wait to see his artwork with each letter and post it on the family fridge.


A group of bloggers is going to Uganda on a Compassion trip. I hope you will follow along with them as they journal about their experiences. I have two places you can click on my sidebar to read about their time there.


Until then, click here to get some refrigerator art of your own.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin