Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hello Normal Life. We're Back!

Oh Monday Monday after vacation. I am not a fan of you.



Yesterday started with a wake up call at 6:30 from my son. Mind you, I have not been up before 8:30 for a week.



I did get him to sleep a little more in my bed with me, but then woke up later than I needed and had to be at soccer registration by 8 am.



31 people obviously got there before 8 am to sign their names on the list to register because I was #32.



So, I sign the list. We all wait.



They tell us the computers are down. Of course they are.



They will just be taking our registrations and checks by hand and calling us later if there are problems. I think that is a brilliant idea and wonder why they didn't think of it earlier.



Okay, I am about to have a mommy rant.



So, this lady with child in tow comes in just as a Parks and Rec Representative is calling our names from the afore mentioned list. We are instructed as our name is called to go stand in line so we can hand in our registrations.



This lady that comes in late asks me what she is supposed to do. I tell her to sign the list and they will call her name. She doesn't like my answer and asks someone else. Same deal.



She proceeds to bypass all of us and just get in line. In front of about 3o of us.! Can you say rude? I can - definitely rude.



I was stunned actually, but I was not even finished with my coffee and did not have enough energy to tell her how peeved I was with her. And to be honest I probably wouldn't have anyway. I guess is she was that much in a hurry then I would have let her have my place in line anyway. Whatever.



So, then I am running late and have to get my son to VBS by 9am. Hubby gets them dressed.



Bubby has obviously picked out all of his own clothing. He is in both red shorts and a red shirt. Green Crocs. "But mom, it matches!" Yeah - no time to change.



I drop him off and race to the gym to work off just one of the Seafood Bisques I ate last week. I make it in time for a step class which are not my favorite, but it's sure to burn some calories so in I went. There is a new teacher and I quickly realize I have stacked my step too high. Okay, can we just have some simple moves here? Why do some of these instructors find it necessary to dance around a big plastic step. It is not safe. I'm just sayin'.



So, I pick up Bubby from VBS, head to the park with a friend, home for lunch.



The rest of the day was spent cleaning, doing laundry and catching up on paperwork , paying bills. I did get my desk cleaned off! Hallelujah!



Of course, B is in VBS at night, so off we ran to there this evening. She has declared VBS as the best time ever, by the way.





While she is gone, I decide that Bubby and I will go for a bike ride. To burn off another seafood bisque.



The tires are flat on both my bike and his. Okay - no biggie, I will just pump them up.



Two pumps. Both broken.



Luckily my nice neighbor helps me and we are on our way.



The highlight of my day was when Bubby said this, "Mom, I had fun just hanging out with you tonight riding bikes." Yeah, that is why I stand in line to register him for soccer and drive him all over town for fun times at VBS and the park.



Whew - glad we got Monday over. On to Tuesday!

7 comments:

Kim said...

You packed more into your monday than I do in a week!
Glad your back!

fortyb4forty said...

Monday after vacation is a challenge. I went for a power walk yesterday and got home to realize I was locked out of the house.The dog walkers still had my key. I am hoping for a calmer Tuesday.

happyathome said...

Day by day by day.......hey you got a lot done for a Monday! Let's see what Tuesday brings.

The Mom Jen said...

I totally feel your pain!

What a day, here's to a better Tuesday.

Although that comment at the end is worth a million!

Genny said...

All in one day??? I'm impressed. Oh, and I need to clean my desk off too! Hope all is well!
Genny

Kristin said...

WOW. Sure makes you appreciate the vacation break even more, huh? Somehow I always seem to have those kind of days right after vacations, too. It's like all the craziness that didn't happen at home while I'm away just waits to pounce on me when I get back! :-)

Rebecca said...

Phew busy Monday alright!
I can't believe how rude that woman was at the soccer registration, I would have said something, I am not nice like that.
URGH.

Yay for some fun family time bike riding, how sweet of your boy to say so. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin