Thursday, December 4, 2008

Letters

I just wanted to share this post from the Compassion blog with photos of the kids reading letters from their sponsors.

It is really touching.

I know that when we get a letter from our sponsored child, we get very excited and huddle around to read it and look at his latest drawings. I save each of his letters in a scrapbook.

I hadn't really imagined what it was like for him to receive ours.

His to us comes amidst so many other pieces of mail.

I wonder how much mail he gets? What a joy it must be for him to see our photos, the kids drawings and hear about our prayers for him and his family. Just look at those children and all the letters they save as prized possessions.

It just inspires me to write more.





post signature

1 comment:

EE said...

This is such a great thing that you are doing with your children.
We add notes and pictures to our Operation Christmas Child boxes. A few years ago, Sydney received a letter from one of the children from Armenia. They have been pen pals ever since.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin