Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kitchen Tools I cannot live without


What I Learned This Week is that there are several tools in my kitchen that I could not live without. Well, I could live but, you know, it wouldn't be as fun to cook without them. Or as easy.

As I was cooking dinner the other night I pulled out several tools in my kitchen.

With each one, I thought to myself, "I love this thing. How would I cook without it?"

First and foremost, my cookware.

Now before we go any further...

Yes, we sell the stuff. We have sold Saladmaster for almost 15 years. It is a way of life for us in more ways than one. I'm not trying to sell you - believe me, you have to see it to understand it. And if you saw it in action, you would most likely want it. But I would be remiss if I didn't share my feelings with you about cookware. I believe that while the type of food we put in our bodies is important, how we cook it and what we cook it in, is equally important.

So, moving right along.

My cookware - it is, without a doubt, the finest thing I own and saves my life in the kitchen every night. My most favorite piece is my electric skillet. I seldom use my oven to cook a casserole because of this thing. Isn't it beautiful?



My food processor. No, not my fancy electric one. I do appreciate that for specific cooking tasks but this is my Saladmaster food processor and I use it almost every single day. It's design is as old as the hills and that is just because it works. It cleans up in a jiffy and breaks down to store easily




Okay now on to some things we don't actually sell.

Pampered Chef food chopper. I love my food processor but sometimes I just need this to chop nuts or onions or celery really fine. Plus, it helps me get aggression out!




My OXO carrot peeler. Hands down, it is the best carrot peeler in the land. The End.
Oh, and if you go to their site right now you can register to win $10,000 in kitchen products!




My Bunn coffee maker. Now before I hear from the real coffee enthusiasts out there who say coffee should brew slowly, let me tell you - I love this thing. It is my second one. A full pot of coffee in about 3 minutes and my coffee tastes just fine, thankyouverymuch. 'Nuff said. Amen.




My KitchenAide Mixer. I did not know how much I would really love this until I got it as a gift from Hubby. It saves my life during the holidays with baking. I don't love to bake and much of the reason is the mixing. Love the color - mine is red. Love the attachments. Love what it does. Here is a way you can buy a refurbished one if you can't swing a new one.

Okay, so tell me what you can't live without in your kitchen?

For more What I Learned This Week hop on over to Musings of A Housewife.


post signature

10 comments:

Stefani said...

I'm not technically in my kitchen when I use it, but I have an OXO travel coffee mug that I could not live without. It has a nifty little button on the top that you push down to drink and pop it up to close. I've been using it for over a year and it does. not. leak. Not even a drop when turned completely upside down. Seriously, I'm not sure how I ever lived without it.

Tassi said...

I just impressed that you use all those tools. I sold Pampered Chef and don't use half the stuff now but I still love it.

Definitely worth having quality tools!!

jen@odbt said...

You're so right about having good tools. We got a great kitchen (wusthof) knife set as a wedding gift and they're the best knives. Thanks for the tip on the peeler (need a new one) and for the contest.

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

i use that exact food chopper! LOVE IT!
and my mixer - i will never be without my mixer!

Tania said...

Hey Janel, nice blog! I will check more of it out later. I can put a link onto mine if you like.

Kristin said...

I love my chopper, too. Also my huge potato masher, because I smash tomatoes for marinara sauce so often. And my pamered chef batter bowl - I use it almost every day!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Loving this post! (And loving that mixer; mine is old and small and white. I'm hankering for a new, big, shiny one, but so far we haven't been able to justify the expense.)

My mom has that same salad master food processor! She always used that growing up. (When I was growing up, not her, lol.)

I also love my All Clad pots and pans and my electric griddle that I just got recently. FUN post!

Unknown said...

I love three things you do!! My PC chopper, my Oxo peeler and my Kitchenaid stand Mixer!!! I love my PC cutting boards. I would be remiss if I didn't say my PC stones, I have almost everyone they make, and I use them daily.....really.

Kara said...

Great list! I love, love, love my PC chopper too...I think I'm about to have to replace mine. It's 8 years old and has been dropped a few too many times by children putting away dishes...but it still does the job! I would love to get some Saladmaster cookware also...new cookware is on my list but not in the budget, LOL!

Deb Browning said...

Great post, Janel! My parents gave me a complete set of Saladmaster Cookware for my wedding present and we have been married 29 years. Still using it LOTS - still looks almost as good as the day they gave it to us! GREAT stuff!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin