Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Really Should Be Cleaning or something...

I should be cleaning.
Or baking.
Or shopping.
But I feel a little lazy.
So, I'm blogging. 

Feeling lazy when I have 11 family members coming to my house for dinner tomorrow night. 7 of them staying with us for a few days.  Am I crazy or what?!?!?

I guess that is the beauty of family - comfort. Comfort in the fact, that if I don't get something just right, they will still love me and still just be happy to be together. 

  • B is feeling so much better. I just hope it is not one of those flu bugs that comes and goes.

  • My mother and my husband cleaned my garage. Can I just get a hallelujah here? Praise God, I love a clean garage.

  • My husband FILLED my entire van and took so much stuff to the dump.

That is the other thing I love about family coming to visit - you get stuff done that you have been putting off forEVER!

  • I have ordered and received my Christmas cards. I am just a little proud of myself. That just never happens.

  • I got Hubby an ice cream maker for his birthday and can't wait for him to make his first batch. He is working on it now!

  • I am getting ready to order my first ever side of grass-fed beef from a local farmer! Woo Hoo - so excited about that.

  • My pastor convinced me asked to be in a drama this weekend at church. Yeah, same guy who got me to do the pie eating contest. I really am doing some things that are way out of my comfort zone.  Isn't that they best way to serve Jesus - he really always seems to do amazing things with me when I serve out of my comfort zone.  Anyway,  I can speak publicly, no problem, but this drama thing has me a little nervous. Not that I'm not dramatic in many ways, believe me. I've just never acted in a play or drama. A.Leetle.Nervous.Indeed. Luckily, it will be a light weekend at church. I'm hoping. 

Okay, so enough randomness. That is just so how I am feeling lately. Random.

What's up with you?  Anything on your mind?  

post signature

4 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

You will LOVE having the beef, it makes a huge difference in your diet and your budget! We spend so much less now that we get 1/4 each year. It is wonderful.

Glad B is feeling better!!

Stefani said...

I'm with you on the feeling lazy part. It seems like a good day for it. :)

I'll be praying for you doing your first drama. You'll be great! I can't wait to see it!

I hope you have a lovely time with your family and are able to relax a bit in the midst of all the craziness the holidays can bring. See you Sunday!

Carpool Queen said...

Tell me how the beef thing goes for you. I'm working my way through the freezer and will have plenty of room in case we decide to do that.

Shoot me an email and let me know who you're using.

Sandy said...

I love reading your blog! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin