Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's 4 am

It's 4 O'Clock in the morning.

Again.

Sleep eludes me.

Again.  

As I toss and turn my very pregnant body, my mind races with all the things I need to do that day. Plenty of things that need to get done at work. All kinds of things around my house to get ready before the baby comes.

I get up to make a fresh glass of ice water and check my email.   Because important emails come between 11 pm and 4 am.    You know, the likes of Pottery Barn and Snapfish.   My favorite blogs have not even updated yet.

My dogs don't understand why anyone is up, yet they follow me downstairs like there is something going on.

Not much, just a baby getting ready to be born.

The funny thing is that I don't really remember the lack of sleep that comes with a newborn.  I think I really have convinced myself that they only get up once or twice during the night.   Remember Janel, they eat like every 2 hours for awhile?  Don't they?  I really don't remember.

Maybe I'll go read that baby book - What to Expect...

Maybe later, I think sleep is what's back on my mind now. 



post signature

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't sleep either! I think I may sleep better with a newborn than being so pregnant!

Sandy M. said...

God is getting you ready for those sweet times in the night when you get special time alone w/your new infant.

The Chubby Dove said...

Sorry you can't sleep....but, I'm sooo excited for you!!

xo

Kathy said...

Well, I think I may sleep better with a newborn than being so pregnant! ahaha keep posting.

Cindy said...

Love your blog, must read your other post too, thanx for sharing.

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Oh, I just had my fourth daughter in May...I so remember staying up late "planning" and "nesting"...now, I am just up to sleepily feed my girl with eyes half open, snoring in between.

Contrats on your new bundle to arrive soon.

Blessings!

I became a follower of your blog, I hope you will take a chance to go over to mine and become a follower too.

Bella
http://lildaisies.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

Anyways, congratulation in advance for the new baby.Will maybe your just excited to meet your angel :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin