Friday, August 6, 2010

Ten Things I Love About My Newborn Baby

As if I can only pick 10 things!!!  Newborns are truly just sweet little gifts - simple and pure. 

I really did forget some of the most special things about these little bitty humans.   I think my most favorite thing about having a third child is that I am not freaking out so much about what to do with a baby and just enjoying having a baby.   I take time to stare at him, touch his skin more and just enjoy being with him.  My house is a mess, his room still needs work and many other things are left undone and it's perfectly okay.  I have a  new baby to love on and as a mother of three now, I know one thing for sure - the newborn stage goes by way too fast.

These are not in any particular order, just some favorites.

  1. The spontaneous jerk of his little hands or feet.
  2. The little squeaks and sighs he makes as he eats or when I pick him up.
  3. His smell.
  4. His feet.
  5. The way he snuggles his little head into my neck.
  6. The way he roots around when he is hungry. 
  7. His soft skin - could anything be softer? 
  8. His soft dark hair.
  9. His hands.
  10. The way he tries so hard to open his eyes and take in his new world. 

Like I said, I could go on and on.  I think it's safe to say, I'm in love with the little guy. 

What is also pretty cool is that as I love on this baby, I am reminded of little things that were special with my other two when they were newborns.  


post signature

8 comments:

jen@odbt said...

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Enjoy all his baby moments.

Unknown said...

Girl you're making my baby lust come out in full force. I LOVE babies...And my boy was a 9 and half pounder too...I just love baby rolls.

Unknown said...

I absolutely agree with everything you wrote. I am so happy for you. Enjoy!!

The Chubby Dove said...

So happy for your family!

Ali said...

Oooooh, I love rooting around. And the soft hair. AND the baby feet. Everything!

Sandy said...

I love your description of all these wonderful things. What a privilege it is to be a mom!

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tania said...

He really is beautiful Janel!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin