Thursday, April 3, 2008

'Cause I'm all about the fun, not the planning.

Mom of the year
Planner
Got it all together

These are things I am not.
I am a perfect example of why God gives us grace. If only my children were so good.

Remember how earlier today I was talking the kids to the indoor pool at our gym?

Yeah, they were closed.

Just like Bullwinkles earlier this week. Strike Two.

I even invited a friend and her little boy. You know, to really set up a great time for my kids. Friends!!! Indoor Pool!!! Running around and jumping! Playing!!! Woo Hoo!

'Cause I am all about building up the fun. I am just not all about PLANNING the fun. You know, like checking the schedule to see if the pool is actually open for all this FUN!!

Closed. Not open on Thursdays until 3 pm.

Except for swimming lessons so that my kids actually can see other kids swimming when we can't.

"Sorry, here is the winter/spring schedule." is what the front desk lady tells me. " It has been this way since the outdoor pool closed back in September."

"Really?" I ask with my most confused expression hoping she will take pity on me and just go ahead and open up the dang pool.

So, I guess if I would have checked said schedule, then I would have not promised my kids and invited my friend and her little boy to the gym as my guest to play at the indoor pool on this 4th day of spring break which happens to be rainy and cold?

"So, you're pretty positive it's not opening here soon?"

Blank stare from the lady at the front desk.

I will spare you the details of telling the kids this little snafu in our pool plans. It was not a pretty picture to say the least.

Tomorrow is another day!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! I hate it when things don't go my way!

Your kiddos are adorable.

I love Spring Break...but it makes me way to eager for summer vacation! Which is still so far away!

kellie

Real Life Sarah said...

I did the same thing with a movie! I took a few friends and the kids, and the movie we wanted was gone already. It was a total bummer, and I felt like an idiot!

PS, Jo-Lynne did a great job on your design. It looks great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin