Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Help

I am giving a talk on anger to a group of moms tomorrow.
I'm a little afraid to admit that this is an area that God refines me in ALL THE TIME.
Though I also believe God refines me here, so I can share it with others who may be dealing with similar issues.



I like order. Kids don't necessarily care about order.

I like my way. So, do they.

I like my alone time. When does that happen exactly?

I need more rest. There's too much to do.



On days when I am feeling tired, cranky or stressed out, it is then that I especially ask my helper of all helpers to be with me that day. I ask for patience and to use loving discipline with my children when needed.

It may seem easy for some. It's not always for me.

I ask him to help me have fun with my kids and see all the incredible innocence and sweetness that only they can show me.



And he helps me. He can help you or someone you know, too.

Isaiah 58:9 NIV

You will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say, Here I am.


So,to the MOPS at Hope ladies, I am looking forward to spending my morning with you tomorrow! It should be so fun to be back for a visit!




I came across this poem by Julie Barnhill from the book She's Gonna Blow! Real Help for Moms Dealing with Anger and wanted to share it here.

If you know a mom who has a hard time managing her emotions. Give her a call. Let her vent to you and pray for her. Her family will thank you for it.



Hearts Entrusted



These tiny hearts to me entrusted,

Soft and tender,

Pockets of soil moist with innocence,

Laden with surprises,

Giggles,

Questions,

Love.

With one blast of anger,

One word unkindly spoken,

One glare of intolerance,

I can cause these tiny hearts to...

Fear,

Cower,

Or - God forbid -

Hate.

I want to plant within their souls seeds of...

Joy,

Contentment,

Love

heaping

upon

love.

Yet, thorny briers of...

Harshness,

Impatience,

Bitterness,

I have heedlessly allowed to grow.

Remorseful?

Yes.

Able to call back?

Never.

Forgiven?

Oh yes, more than I deserve.

Lord, I don't want to fail again.

May I be found faithful to these created by You.

Praise for A-B-C's perfected,

"Thank You," for windows cleansed with Pledge.

There are no second chances.

I cannot undo the past.

Jesus,

Sear my heart with love and devotion.

May I be a sower of seeds,

A shelter amidst the storm.

May I hear,

"Well done, good and faithful mother."

May I be found true.







2 comments:

Sarah said...

I meant to contribute on your post that asked for stories/thoughts on anger. I just haven't had much time to spend in the blogoshere latley, and often read posts on my reader and never make my way over to comment.

We had someone talk about anger last year and it was great. I'll be praying that God gives you exactly the right words for the women in your group tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Janel,
I will be praying for you in the morning!
Let us know how it goes!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin