Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Meet Me at the Treehouse




I found this on my front step. It was left for my daughter from her neighborhood friend.


Meet me at the treehouse at 2:10.
Dress Like Miley.
(as in Cyrus - in case you have been in a time machine somewhere)



I just got a huge kick out of this. It was so secretive and girl like.



Our neighbor's built a treehouse in their backyard and their yard meets up to ours. The kids have spent some time in it just cooking up all kinds of secrets.

I have so many memories of "clubhouses" as a kid. It would have been so fun to have one in an actual tree!

How about you? Any treehouse or clubhouse memories or stories to share?

6 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

That is the sweetest!! So did you go? What did you wear?

carrie said...

Oh man! We were always making clubs and rules, none of which I can remember at the moment thanks to my swiss cheese brain.

But I imagine they were the same silly rules my own kids come up with. At one point they were making rules to leave their cousin out and we had to nix that.

I loved the clubhouse days! That whole feeling of "now I have a purpose and must organize" really appealed to me back then.

Now? Not so much.

Kim said...

OMG! I remember sitting in a friends tree and planning our futures (none of it was anything like I have now - there's no castles and no horses)
We'd sit there for hours and eat almonds (it was an almond tree) and just talk.
As to what we wore...just shorts and tees!

Sarah said...

That's just about the cutest thing I've seen in a while. PArt of me is looking forward to Grace at that age. And then, not so much...

Anonymous said...

How cute is that!! We had a girls club, and NO BOYS ALLOWED..... We had the best time just acting silly and making up crazy rules and talking about boys. AWWW the days of being a kids.

Amy said...

Janel...I love this...and have received a few of those notes for my daughter as well. Cracks me up!! The girls are so funny!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin