Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Morning Walks, Be Bands and Forgiveness - What I Learned This Week



 Even though my brain does not seem to be hitting on all cylinders, I learned just a few things this past week


  • Putting my son in Tae Kwon Do finally (as he reminds me) was a great move.  He asks to go every single day and loves his time there.  I can see it on his face how much fun he is having. 

  •  Taking a walk in the cool morning air helps morning sickness to subside for awhile.  So do potato chips.  

  • Having one pair of maternity jeans hiding in the back of your closet that did not sell at a consignment sale is a big score!  Especially on Sunday morning when you are trying to find something to wear to church and NOTHING else fits around your waist anymore.  

  • Going to a church that dresses casually is a blessing.  

By the way, I found these at Target - Be Bands.  I did not have them with my other pregnancies and I have to say that I love them.  They really do help this weird transition of "before maternity clothes but can't fit into your regular clothes."  I paid for these, nobody asked me to tell you how awesome they are, I just want to share my opinion.





  • It doesn't matter how much you want someone to change or see the light in a situation.  They have to want it.  Anger and fear can literally consume a heart that does not belong to God.  And even one that does has a hard time dealing with those emotions in a healthy way.   So, I just pray for changed hearts.  I pray for the others involved - that their hearts be protected through the wreckage of unforgiveness and retribution.     I pray that I love and not judge.  What else can a friend do?
What did you learn this week?
 Check out more lessons over at Musings of A Housewife






post signature

8 comments:

April said...

I love my casual church too!!

Felicia said...

Be Bands rock! And I love your last lesson learned. =) have a great day

Musings of a Housewife said...

Wow, that is a lot of lessons! And those be bands, wow, there are so many cool new things since I was pregnant.

As for the last one, that is hard. Hang in there!

And yeah, as my midwife said, when you have m/s, whatever makes you feel better, eat it! Long live the potato chip!

Sandy said...

WOW!!!

EE said...

OMG... what did I miss? Maternity jeans???? CONGRATS!!!!

Ali said...

So glad your son is loving Tae Kwon Do! My 5 yr old assured me he would LOVE soccer but then he changed his mind. Right in the middle of a game. On the field. Grrrrr. And those registration fees are not cheap!

P.S. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Nothing beats the comfort of maternity jeans!

Julie said...

Love and not jugde..... good words for all of us! =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin