Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life in Full Swing, How Do You Manage?

Life is in full swing here...


 Some updates on the Dandelion Dayz household - other than the fact that we have a new baby!  :)

The kids have started back to school and all activities.   Whew, B's dance schedule just might do me in this year.  Since she made the dance company (YAY!) she we have a lot more to do.  She does have an additional class and many opportunities to dance.   Which means many opportunities for me to volunteer. And of course driving back and forth.  I am very excited to see how she grows in her dance, though.  She loves it so much that I love it, too!

Bubby started back to Tae Kwon Do and is loving that.  He's training for his Orange belt.  He's had a rough start to first grade but I think we are doing great now.   A lot happened in August - new baby and first grade is big stuff for my sweet six year old boy. 

I'm so glad we took the month of July off  = NO ACTIVITIES.   Although, I seriously could barely move to take them to the activities.  I was SO pregnant and SO miserable.    I read a blog recently where the writer was kind of condemning a woman making the choice to be induced because she was uncomfortable.  Walk a day in my shoes, sister - that's all I have to say.  Come to think of it, I could barely even wear shoes because of my feet being so swollen!  It was difficult to take my kids to the pool and that was the coolest activity outside of our home that I could manage.  I think that my decision to be induced a week early was the best thing I could have done for the rest of my family.  I am slowly starting to feel like my normal self again. 

I head back to work in a week.  Sigh.  I have mixed emotions about that.  Maybe another post for another time. 

Hubby has been soooo busy with our business.  That is a good thing for sure as the economy has affected us.  So, while his time away from home is not good, the income is.   We are blessed to have income when so many don't.    I think he thinks I don't appreciate that he works so hard - well, let me state here on this blog that I do.  

Starting back to Awana and Y-Guides next week, piano lessons are on and basketball in another month.  With a new baby.   Not to mention our busy church life.   All which I LOVE so much. 

Whew.  I can't even think of all of that without getting a little overwhelmed.  I have to take it day by day.

Tell me - how do you do it all?  What is the one thing that saves you time and helps you manage your busy family the best?  I'd LOVE to know. 


post signature

1 comment:

Stefani said...

I hot tired just reading that! I wish I had some good advice for you. One day at a time sounds like a good plan. Also your crock pot can be a huge blessing on busy nights. And don't forget to go easy on yourself. It will probably take a little while to get a routine down.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin