Friday, May 30, 2008

She Speaks Linked Up and Goals

If you are coming from Lysa's blog - Welcome! Leave me a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to get to know you before She Speaks. If you are going and have not been to her blog, she has a Mr. Linky going so we can get to know each other. Go there now and link up!

Updated

Alyssa from Organized Life By Design posted her goals for She Speaks and I think this is a great idea. I have ideas of my goals in my mind, but it would be great to get them out of my head. I need less in my head.

1. My biggest goal of going to She Speaks is to see if speaking is something I am truly interested in pursuing. I enjoy speaking to groups of women but not sure I would enjoy it or be any good at it on a larger scale.

2. I am very interested in the blogging sessions. This blogging thing has become a huge part of my life and I need to make sure I am in it for the right reasons and doing it well. I do not like to do things half-way and know there is much I leave out of my blog. It is my goal to learn from these very talented ladies how to blog better.

3. Leadership. I am in some leadership positions in ministry. Again, while I feel called to be in those positions, I want to make sure I am being effective and truly glorifying God by serving the right way. I often feel I am missing something in my leadership. I enjoy conferences to help me fill in those blanks. I am looking forward to these sessions at She Speaks.

I am a conference junkie. I would go to one every other month if I could afford it. My biggest goal of any conference is to leave with one life-changing lesson. Just one.

While I learn much and take notes like a mad woman, I can look back on all of my conference experiences and remember the "One Thing." That way, I allow myself to learn and keep an open mind, but not be overwhelmed with all of the great information. If I walk away with more than one life changing lesson then it is just a bonus!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Janel thanks for visiting my site and taking my challenge to set some goals for She Speaks. I like having something to aim at.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin